Being a mom is hard work. And it makes it doubly hard when we forget to focus on the good things throughout the day. I am challenging myself (and anyone else who is interested) to find at least one "mommy win" in every single day.

Small or big, a win is a win.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Mommy Win - Days 39 - 42

So... My whole plan of posting every single day seems to have fallen short. Oh well, I am going to keep going! I really have noticed a difference in my days when I remember that I am looking for the good things to write about. It helps keep things in perspective.

We did have a run of really, really rough days though. Wednesday-Friday were tough. Although, on Wednesday I did take him to see the model train club that my dad participates in. The little man is obsessed with all things transportation, and particularly loves trains. So, I wanted to take him to see all the trains at the train club. Unfortunately he wasn't terribly well behaved and so we ended up leaving on a rather sour note. But, I was able to take him and that was something he had really wanted to do, so I will count that as a win.

I worked all day Thursday and Friday. When I work it means a few things for the little man. One, he gets to play with his cousins all day - which he really likes. Two, unfortunately it means he has to get up really early in order for me to be able to get him to my sister's house and then for me to get to work. Three, naps (if they even happen) are always in the car, on the way home, in the 4:00 hour. Four, naps are only about an hour long on these days, when he usually takes anywhere from 2-3 hours. So, he's been lacking in the sleep department the last few days. It makes the evenings really, really rough.

So, here's to kind of starting over... We'll be trying to be a little more positive. Today has been pretty good. He has been great so far and we've been having a lot of fun playing and goofing around.

No comments:

Post a Comment