Being a mom is hard work. And it makes it doubly hard when we forget to focus on the good things throughout the day. I am challenging myself (and anyone else who is interested) to find at least one "mommy win" in every single day.

Small or big, a win is a win.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Mommy Win - Day 26

Oh today did not turn out as I had planned... Rarely do my days go exactly as I hope, but today was WAY off.

Here were a few things on my to do list today:
• Make/write thank you notes
• Give B a bath (yes, I have to put it on my list or it doesn't always happen. Don't judge)
• Plan music for Sunday
• Do dishes/clean kitchen
• Sew the shepherd (my mom and I are working on a nativity. Yes, in March)

As you can see, I definitely had some things to get done. There were several other things I had planned as well. I'll say it now, the only thing I managed to accomplish was to give the little dude a bath.

The day started off a little different because little man decided not to wake up until 9:40. Definitely not the norm. He usually sleeps until anytime between 7:30-8:30. I wasn't too surprised he slept in because we've been a little wacky on the sleep schedule the last few days.

However, he woke up crying and complaining that his mouth hurt. His lips were very chapped, so I put some Chapstick on his lips. He then asked to cuddle with me in the chair in his room. Not totally strange as we do this very often in the mornings. But when I laid him down to change his diaper he started to kind of close his eyes as if he was going to fall asleep. Very odd.

Anyway, he was extremely tired all morning and basically sat and cuddled with me for over an hour and a half and also slept for about 40 minutes of that time. He didn't have a fever, but was extremely weak, too. I was getting quite scared. This was definitely not normal behavior, and made me quite nervous.

I made a doctor's appointment for him, and shortly after he threw up - hence managing to get him in the bath. He started to act a little more normal after that, and was asking to eat something.

Long story short, we went to the doctor, of course she didn't find anything. He has been acting fine all afternoon and has been eating more today than he usually eats. *sigh*

So what was my win for the day? I've learned that, as a mother, you have to kind of learn how to control your knee-jerk reactions to things like spills, accidents and puking. I haven't done very good at this so far, but today with the throwing up, I felt like I handled it great. I didn't make the little man more upset by my reaction (which has definitely happened in the past) and he wasn't really even very upset after the whole episode. We got it cleaned up and got him bathed with little to no tears. A definite win today.

No comments:

Post a Comment