Being a mom is hard work. And it makes it doubly hard when we forget to focus on the good things throughout the day. I am challenging myself (and anyone else who is interested) to find at least one "mommy win" in every single day.

Small or big, a win is a win.

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Mommy Win - Day 43

A little rough day today at church. Even though we don't follow daylight saving here in Arizona, we are still affected by the change of season that makes the sun rising much earlier. He hasn't been sleeping in until his usual time, and has been waking up an hour to hour and a half earlier than usual. It's tough.

So, he got in trouble during nursery today and had to come sit with me in Primary. I had to singing time, but since he was in trouble he needed to just sit in time out, as it were. And I am actually kind of impressed that he sat, the entire time, in the chair I placed him in, without making any sort of noise or causing a distraction. A strange win, but I was proud of him.

After we got home he went down for his nap, but he woke up after only an hour and a half. I went in and sat with him for a few minutes, and helped him calm down. After just about a minute he fell asleep again in my arms. I do love having a little time when he'll sleep with me still. It doesn't happen really often, but I'm trying to cherish the time that it does happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment