Being a mom is hard work. And it makes it doubly hard when we forget to focus on the good things throughout the day. I am challenging myself (and anyone else who is interested) to find at least one "mommy win" in every single day.

Small or big, a win is a win.

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Mommy Win - Day 24

Tonight we were able to have dinner with some friends who recently had a baby. I'll admit, I was a little nervous. My little guy has been very interested in babies recently (which is awesome), but his experience has been with babies between the ages of 4 and 8 months. Our friends had a baby 6 weeks ago...

I had nothing to worry about. The baby was asleep when we arrived, but little B wanted to see him and watch him sleep. He was completely fascinated. He kept talking about the baby sleeping, and anytime the baby made any kind of noise (as newborns are wont to do), he would run into the other room to check on him. It was so sweet.

After we had finished dinner, the baby woke up and was naturally hungry. Our friends were kind enough to let our little one sit by the baby and even bring his bottle to him, and hold it while he was eating. The look of pure joy and excitement on my little man's face made my heart melt. I was thrilled to see how he interacted with the baby, and he seemed to be in absolute heaven.

Of course it wasn't all perfect... We were getting his hands washed so he could hold the baby (which he had been SO excited to do), but he got distracted by something in the bathroom that he wanted to play with. It wasn't really a toy, and I didn't let him play with it, so he was really upset. We ended up having to leave shortly after because it was getting close to bedtime, and our little guy was not calming down. I'm sad he didn't get to hold the baby, since he had been so excited, but I was very pleased with how he was treating the baby otherwise. He even gave him some sweet kisses on the head (with parental permission, of course). It was an overall good night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment