Being a mom is hard work. And it makes it doubly hard when we forget to focus on the good things throughout the day. I am challenging myself (and anyone else who is interested) to find at least one "mommy win" in every single day.

Small or big, a win is a win.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Mommy Win - Days 21 & 22

Yes... I forgot to post something yesterday. However, I am NOT going to beat myself up about it, since that would defeat the whole purpose of trying to rid myself of "mommy guilt."

Anyway, my win from yesterday. I did not feel well yesterday, at all. I was weak and a little cranky, and had a hard time moving. I was able to sneak a little nap in before lunch, and I was still able to make us both lunch as well as make dinner for the family.

Today's win... The little man is still having a little bit of a case of the crankies. I'm not sure what exactly is going on, but it is getting hard to go more than an hour without some sort of yelling or crying. Going to bed is the hardest part. Of course he never wants to go to bed, but when he's had an uber cranky day, it's that much harder.

Tonight I was able to get him in his pajamas, and get him to clean up his toys and ready to read books with ZERO tears and ZERO "no's!" That, to me, is a big win. Because I know that if the bedtime routine goes poorly, it makes for a cranky everybody... Not just a little boy. It can ruin an entire evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment