Being a mom is hard work. And it makes it doubly hard when we forget to focus on the good things throughout the day. I am challenging myself (and anyone else who is interested) to find at least one "mommy win" in every single day.

Small or big, a win is a win.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Mommy Win - Day 13

We were seriously out of groceries... And have been for nearly a week. Long story, but grocery shopping just hasn't been able to happen. But today was the day. Seriously, like do or die. Unfortunately I also had to work today. I know that's not an excuse, but it does mean that I was going to be doing grocery shopping with a little boy who had yet to take a nap at 3:30 in the afternoon.

We made it to the store without him falling asleep (a miracle!) and all the way through our nearly 45 minute shopping spree with no meltdowns and even without any crying or whining of any kind. He was awesome, and I had so much fun keeping him giggling and entertained while trying to still shop quickly. My favorite was asking him what he thought we should buy. For the record, he suggested: Macaroni and Cheese, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Cheese, and Cookies. Haha. I love this kid, and, I probably don't say this enough but, I love being a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment