Being a mom is hard work. And it makes it doubly hard when we forget to focus on the good things throughout the day. I am challenging myself (and anyone else who is interested) to find at least one "mommy win" in every single day.

Small or big, a win is a win.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Mommy Win - Day 7

Total wins: 1?

I'm not sure how much of a win today was. Before 11:00AM I was able to accomplish several things including:

  • Getting us both showered/bathed and dressed
  • Both of us had breakfast
  • I had two loads of laundry washed, one in the dryer
  • My bed made (sadly, it doesn't happen every day)

However, it was a rough day. That list probably looks pretty impressive. But, when you consider what ALSO happened before 11:00, it's not as impressive. Because, also added to that list is:

  • One time-out for the little dude (before 9:00AM - he only woke up at 8:15)
  • One time-out for Mommy (given to me by the child...literally. He did to me what we do to him when he is in time-out. He turned off the light in my room and shut the door and wouldn't let me come out.)
  • Two fits, complete with throwing himself on the floor
  • Several instances of yelling and crying - by both mother and child

So, a tough day. Although I got a lot done in the morning it was not very pretty. Post lunch-time was better. We made some Valentines together, and he took the two little hearts I cut out and gave to him with him for his nap. That made me smile. Not a total loss today, but it sure was hard to keep a positive attitude and remain happy. I'll try harder tomorrow.

Edited to add: The day got much better after nap time. We were able to go visit the model trains that my dad does and that made the little guy very, very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment