Being a mom is hard work. And it makes it doubly hard when we forget to focus on the good things throughout the day. I am challenging myself (and anyone else who is interested) to find at least one "mommy win" in every single day.

Small or big, a win is a win.

Friday, February 8, 2013

Mommy Win - Day 2

Total Wins today: 2

Win 1

This isn't necessarily something I did, but it is still a win. When I dropped the little dude off at his Aunt's for the day while I went to work, he didn't cry and he even gave me a kiss goodbye. Usually it involves a lot more crying and wailing, and gnashing of teeth... But today, just a little bit of nervousness, and then he was totally fine.

Win 2

After picking him up from my sister's house and driving home with him he had gotten upset because I wouldn't give him my phone. He then proceeded to throw the single most spectacular tantrum I've seen him throw to date. Did I mention it was after 4:00 and he hadn't had a nap yet?

Anyway, he screamed, often at the top of his lungs, for the remaining 12-15 minutes of the drive. I managed to completely keep my cool, never raise my voice, and wait for the tantrum to pass. It helped to remember that he was tired and really didn't have another way to express his frustration. Sometimes I forget he's a person and has the same capacity for emotion as anyone else, just not the ability to express everything he feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment