Being a mom is hard work. And it makes it doubly hard when we forget to focus on the good things throughout the day. I am challenging myself (and anyone else who is interested) to find at least one "mommy win" in every single day.

Small or big, a win is a win.

Monday, February 25, 2013

Mommy Win - Day 19

A very silly win, but I seriously feel like shouting it from the rooftops...

HE DRANK MILK WITH HIS LUNCH!!!

I know. But really, this is a big deal for me, and for him. We discovered he had a dairy allergy at around 9 months. Only eating/drinking dairy, but if I was drinking it and he had it through breastmilk he never had a problem. And thank heavens for that. I am not sure that I would be strong enough to avoid dairy...

Anyway, he could tolerate certain types of cheeses and yogurts, and we would occasionally test him with other dairy products to see if his allergy had passed yet. Shortly after two years the allergy was gone. Whew! But he would not drink milk, at all. I could very occasionally get him to drink a sip or two from my cup, but that was the extent. He will eat his cereal with milk on it, and I think that's a big deal. But this afternoon I told him that milk was my very favorite thing to drink when eating Macaroni and Cheese (true story) and he got all excited and asked for milk, too. I gave him some expecting one or two sips, but he drank almost half of what I gave him.

Hallelujah! It really is the little things sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment