Being a mom is hard work. And it makes it doubly hard when we forget to focus on the good things throughout the day. I am challenging myself (and anyone else who is interested) to find at least one "mommy win" in every single day.

Small or big, a win is a win.

Friday, February 8, 2013

What's this all about?

This whole idea for this project came from a challenge my aunt posted a few years ago on her blog. She issued a challenge to do something creative every day for an entire year. I immediately knew I wanted to participate, but I knew I couldn't commit right away as I was going to be having a baby and didn't think I'd be able to keep up with it.

Since my life has found a new normal (just in time for it to be changed again by yet another addition) I have really wanted to find a way to participate in the challenge. I've also made a decision that I want to be done with "mommy guilt." Anyone who is a parent has undoubtedly experienced some feeling of guilt or worry about how they are raising their child. "Am I stimulating my child enough?" "Do I let him/her watch too much TV?" "My child is two but they can't read or write yet... They are doomed to failure for the rest of their lives!"

Ok, that last one may be just a teensy bit over the top. But you see what I mean. Mommy guilt is poisonous. And I've decided I'm done with it in my life. So, with that resolution, the desire to do something creative daily, as well as my wanting to focus on the positive things in life, Mommy Win was born.

This is not to give the impression that my life as a mother is perfect. It is oh so very far from it. I just want to focus on the positive. It is incredibly easy to dwell on and remember the negative. But I want to choose to be happy, and remember the good things throughout each day.

I can absolutely promise that not every win will be big. I fully expect to have days where my only win is that we all got dressed and ate three meals. I will likely share some of the not so fabulous moments of the day, just to assure you that my life is not perfect.

I hope this inspires others out there to focus on the good. Focus on the little wins each day. I'd love to hear any of your wins, as well. Feel free to share!

Any win, big or small, is still a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment