Being a mom is hard work. And it makes it doubly hard when we forget to focus on the good things throughout the day. I am challenging myself (and anyone else who is interested) to find at least one "mommy win" in every single day.

Small or big, a win is a win.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Mommy Win - Day 6

Total wins: 2

Win 1
My poor little guy still isn't feeling well. I put him down for a nap and he woke up after about 50 minutes, crying. I think it was because his fever broke so he was particularly uncomfortable. Anyway, he was only able to go back to sleep with me holding him. I convinced him to move to my bed, with me laying next to him. I thought I'd be able to block him in with some pillows once he was asleep and still get some things done. However, once he was asleep, he would wake anytime I tried to move. So, I just gave in and took a nap with him. It was nice. Once again, a reminder that soon things will be changing, and I won't have chances like this very often.

Win 2

We were all in an accident back on January 30th. Talk about a nightmare. We are all pretty OK, but mom and dad are both very sore. It has been extremely hard to keep up with the two-year old who doesn't stop as well as working a few days a week. Basically, I haven't cooked dinner for us since the accident. But tonight I made dinner! It was one of my favorite soups - taco soup - and it was delicious. It was also nice to be home this evening. I worked this morning in a music class (loved it!), took care of my little sicky, and was still able to make dinner. It felt really good.

Now my back is rather unhappy with me, so I am taking a break with my new medical belt that gives me a little massage as well as changes between hot and cold. It feels quite nice. Not worth getting in a car accident to be able to use one, but it is a nice little consolation prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment